- A 1-year warranty is given for all new products. In addition to the standard 1-year warranty, some of our larger items (notably mobility scooters) include up to a 2 or 3-year manufacturer’s warranty. (Please check your owner’s manual for full details on manufacturer’s warranties).
- In the unlikely event of a warranty claim, please contact us immediately. If your warranty claim is accepted as per the terms of the warranty, we will repair or replace the product as per the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993. The warranty period commences from the date of purchase.
- The warranty covers faulty materials, product defects, and faulty workmanship. The warranty does not include damage resulting from normal wear and tear, incorrect use of the product, or abuse or misuse of the product.
- We will require a reasonable amount of time to assess a warranty claim, which may involve sending away any faulty parts for assessment by the manufacturer.
Warranties cover manufacturing defects, please note that the guarantee does not cover faults arising from:
• Normal wear and tear.
• Accidental damage or mistreatment.
In the unlikely event of needing to make a warranty claim please follow the details below:
1. Fill in the warranty claim form provided with your purchase. Give as many details about the fault as you can.
2. Return the faulty product to Mobility Plus Ltd (if required).
3. Provide us with your original invoice or proof of sale.
4. If you have a faulty battery charger, please also fill in a separate battery charger form.
Please be aware full warranty investigation costs will be charged and invoiced before the claim is processed. This includes: call out fee, technical assessment time and administration time. If your claim is approved, then some of these charges may be covered by the manufacturer’s warranty. If your claim is not approved as per the terms of the manufacturer’s warranty, then you will be required to pay the costs in full.
Warranty Assessment Time.
Mobility Plus will try to assess your faulty product as quickly as possible but a reasonable amount of time will be needed. It normally takes between 2-4 weeks for a faulty product to be completely assessed. This time frame is required as the product may need to be returned to the manufacturer for detailed assessment by their own qualified technicians. PLEASE NOTE: The manufacturer has the final say if a product has failed due to a manufacturing fault, not Mobility Plus.
If it is deemed your product failure meets the manufacturer’s warranty criteria, then it will be replaced as per warranty terms of the manufacturer’s warranty. If it is found that the product is not covered under the manufacturer’s warranty, then you will have to pay for a replacement and any associated costs incurred. (See warranty costs above).
What’s Not Covered?
The warranty does not include damage resulting from normal wear and tear, incorrect use of the product, or abuse or misuse of the product. Please read and follow all instructions that are given to you at the time of purchase or supplied with your purchase. Failure to follow, read and adhere to these instructions will void any warranty claim.
Return to Base Warranty.
In the unlikely event of a fault with your product, we will require you to return the product to us to assess a warranty claim. This will need to be returned at the customers expense until we have confirmed the warranty claim.