Need a super light weight walker? Struggling to get your bulky walker in and out of the car? The compact folding, lightweight aluminium Tri Walker at only 4.5kg is the answer for you.
- LIGHTWEIGHT & STURDY: At only 4.5kg the lightweight aluminium walker is one of the lightest on the market making it easy to lift, use and travel with.
- SAFETY BRAKES & LOCK: Simply pull the handles up for braking on the rear wheels or push the handles down to lock the rear wheels. The safety lock keeps your walker locked open whilst you use it.
- EASY TO TRANSPORT: Simply push the handles together to fold flat for storage and at only 4.5kg it is easy to lift into the boot of the car.
- SUPER MANOEUVRABLE: The front swivel wheel and small footprint makes navigating tight spaces easy, whether in or outdoors.
- EASY TO ADJUST: Height Adjustable Handles with Ergonomic Hand Grips can be adjusted with ease to get the handle height just right for you.
- LARGE ZIPPED BAG: Keep your valuables and shopping safe when you are out and about with the large bag that sits between the frame when unfolded.
- QUALITY PRODUCT: From Goldfern Mobility (NZ) tested to International Standards.
- Walker Weight: Only 4.5kg
- Handle Height Adjustment: 83cm- 96cm
- Overall Width at Rear wheels: 65cm
- Depth Front to Rear wheels: 55cm
- Folded Width: 24cm
- Wheel Diameter: 20cm (8 inches) - Solid hard wearing polyurethane tyres.
- Maximum User Weight: 114kg
Easy – No tools needed just fit the parts.
4 Wheeled Walkers vs Tri-Walker:
What are the Differences and Advantages?
There are two major styles of wheeled walkers: 4 wheel walkers and the tri-walker. They aim to perform the same function – helping you walk – but they take slightly different approaches. But what are the differences? And what are the benefits of each product?
The 4 Wheel Walker
The four-wheeled walker has the advantage of providing excellent stability. This makes it especially useful when moving across pavements with divots and bumps as the stability will greatly reduce the chance of the walker toppling. The four wheels being set on short legs keeps the centre of mass down low and more stable.
The three-wheeled configuration of a tri-walker makes it very easy to manoeuvre around even the tightest of turns, this is a big advantage in busy shops and around the house. Of course, to make sure the tri-walker is stable when turning the rear wheels are set far apart. The front wheel swivels to make turning immediate and the lightweight frame further adds to the responsiveness of the walking aid.
Although both 4 wheeled walkers and tri-walkers can be folded the general design of a tri-walker really makes it easy to transport. Having one less wheel saves weight and also keeps the whole unit more compact. This makes storing it away much easier, especially if you’re lifting it into a car boot.
Which is Best for You?
Deciding which is best for you comes down to your individual needs and daily expectations.
If you spend more time indoors and only tend to visit nearby public spaces like the supermarket a tri-walker is a great option as it can get around more easily in smaller spaces, It is also very easy to transport in the boot of the car due to it being very light weight and folding smaller and easier.
However, if you tend to walk a bit further or your local area has uneven ground, or you have balance issues then a 4 wheeled walker can offer greater stability with added benefit of a seat to take a rest on.
Whichever walking aid you choose you’ll be able to regain some vital independence.
Watch the video below or click here for how to order instructions.
As this aid is often for elderley instructions for assembly would have been helpful, almost returned the parcel in frustration as my fingers not strong. Kind neighbour came to rescue.
Hi Guys. The walker does come with basic info on operation. As you only need to fit the handles the manufacturer does not include instructions for this. You are always welcome to reach out to us for any help needed with assembly or operation of the walker.
Very convenient and light for travel. Takes up less room in the boot. Highly recommend
I bought a 2nd hand 3 wheel walker some time ago which I use for in the house, walking to the mail box and taking on short trips up town. I like it because it is light to handle. I can lift it into the car and lift it out without too much of a battle. The bag is useful. I put an ice cream container in it and can carry a cup of tea to the bedroom..
My daughter cleans the house and noticed the dirt which came in on the wheels This is why I bought a 2nd 3 wheeler for use in the house only. The one for outside folds up very easily and stays in the corridor where it takes very little room.
I have to remember that the wheeler tips-- not only to both sides but also backwards so I need to keep my own balance. The backward tip has caught me out a couple of times. I like the new one because it doesn't creak and squeak like the old one, It is delightfully silent. I'm not sure what causes the noise in the old one so don't know how to fix it.
I am very happy with this machine-- a good investment.
This little item is good for putting in and getting out of the car because it’s very light and easy to fold up. It’s very manoeuvrable but the hope that 3 wheels would be a better match for the uneven pavements as the 4 wheel type often loses traction on the braking wheels because of the poor pavement design. Unfortunately the 3 wheeler does tend to wander on the uneven pavemen especially going down hill. It is however a little bit lighter for going up hills. I really wish it had a seat even something very simple would suffice.
Thanks for the great review. 3 wheeled walkers generally don't have seats as they are just too unstable for sitting on. Where the 3 wheeled walker is great is for transport and manoeuvring in tight spaces. Enjoy using it. The M+ Team.
Perfect ! Just what we were looking for, light & very easy to fold for travel. Arrived quickly & easy to assemble.